If you died tomorrow, what would your family and friends do for your funeral?
Where would it be held?
What songs would they play? What colour would people wear, what vibe would they create? Flowers or a charity donation? What poem would they read?
Would it be a sombre mourning or a colourful celebration?
How would you be remembered?
Deep in shock and grief, your family would – understandably – be guided by the funeral company (who are likely focused on profit above all else). It’s hard, in that moment of intense grief, to do much else. Unless they already know what you want.
We work so hard to create a wonderful life for ourselves. So why not a fabulous funeral?
Your funeral can be confronting to think about, of course. And that’s why so many people don’t do it. But it can also be liberating, enjoyable, inspiring and enlightening to think about.
HOW TO HAVE A FABULOUS FUNERAL
Sunday 3 June, 2–5pm
At this special three-hour workshop in Sydney, we’ll explore ideas and possibilities with guidance from two funeral experts. You’ll take time to think about what you’d want at your funeral and get some ideas down on paper.
- Hear stories from two of Picaluna’s (incredibly warm and entertaining!) funeral planners
- Learn important facts and practical information
- Have the chance to ask a funeral planner all the questions you’ve ever had about funerals
- Share your thoughts, ideas and experiences, and connect with others
- Take time to explore ideas for your own funeral and get them down on paper
- Reflect on what’s really important to you. Thinking about the end of our lives and how we want to be remembered is a powerful way to focus on what’s most important in our lives
- Have illuminating conversations in a supportive, fun and creative environment
What you’ll get:
- Clarity, inspiration and peace of mind
- Important information from real experts
- A practical, tangible plan that you can give to your family
- A sense of connection
- Drinks and nibbles in a cosy room of like-minded people
- A fun and thought-provoking Sunday afternoon
Who is it for?
Everyone! The truth is, we don’t know when or how we’re going to die. We hope it will be after we have lived a long and full life, and for many it is. But the unexpected happens, and it’s a wonderful thing to be prepared.
Who is Picaluna?
Picaluna is an awesome NSW-based funeral business creating funerals that don’t follow a formula.
Picaluna offers a better way for family and friends to say goodbye to the people they love, through funerals, memorials and authentic life celebrations.
We create inspirational, affordable and authentic farewells that pay tribute to a life lived. We tailor everything we do to suit families' needs, rather than force them to conform to the rigid practices of an industry that's slow to evolve.
Tickets to this intimate workshop are strictly limited.